Organization Rules

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
CJ
Cohort
Cohort

Organization Rules

Postby CJ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:00 pm

As a general question, would the players and GM's of MnM like an optional set of organization rules as have been popping up in other roleplaying games, or would that be unneccesary and or out of place in Mutants and Masterminds?
"I'v started reading the bible...the torah...the quran...and back issues of the green lantern"

Dr. Nuncheon
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Dr. Nuncheon » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:51 pm

I'd be interested, but only if they were on the same level of flexibility and detail as the rest of the game. If they go into micromanagement (like the various instances of realm rules for D&D), then it might be fun, but it wouldn't be M&M.

I've heard that the Angel RPG has a decent set of rules for something like that, but I haven't gotten the opportunity to check them out.

J

Vrylakos
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Vrylakos » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:39 pm

Hrn, I wonder if you could kitbash something by way of Gamma World d20's community rules, and Dynasties and Demagogues from Atlas, trimmed and fit into the Might M&M Manner.

Vrylakos

CJ
Cohort
Cohort

Postby CJ » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:33 pm

Also, would anyone be interested in more flavorful low pl NPC's? I was thinking about statting everything from children to the elderly, to doctors and lawyers, ect.

I'v also created a sort of scale showing what kind of characters should be what PL.
"I'v started reading the bible...the torah...the quran...and back issues of the green lantern"

Old Sparky
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Old Sparky » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:58 pm

CJ wrote:Also, would anyone be interested in more flavorful low pl NPC's? I was thinking about statting everything from children to the elderly, to doctors and lawyers, ect.

I'v also created a sort of scale showing what kind of characters should be what PL.

I'm always interested of greater diversity in supporting cast... and I'm curious to see how you've got your scale set up.

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Organization Rules

Postby The Trapster » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:03 am

CJ wrote:As a general question, would the players and GM's of MnM like an optional set of organization rules as have been popping up in other roleplaying games, or would that be unneccesary and or out of place in Mutants and Masterminds?
I don't know what you are talking about? :?
Can you say what this is?

Bretbo
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Bretbo » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:26 am

Not sure if this is what your talking about, but I was thinking it might be interesting to develop organizations with stats that can be used in a campaign as more than a plot device. I haven't worked anything out yet, but I was think it would be more along the lines of a board game than a RPG (Illuminati anyone?).

Basically, the organization (which could be government agencies, corporations, secret societies, superhero teams, ect.) would have stats like Influence, Resources, Troop Strength, what have you. They would use these stats to battle each other much the same way combat is done between characters. If an organization is "damaged", it starts to lose its' Influence, Resources, ect.

Just a germ of an idea for now, may try to develop something later. :twisted:

Vrylakos
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Vrylakos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:31 am

In Gamma World, the organizations/communities had stats just like characters. The had military Strength, Dexterity measured how quickly they reacted to events and how fluid the organization's physical structure is, Constitution was the organizations general ability to weather adversity, Charisma its ability to influence other organizations and the world, Wisdom its awareness and a measure of how 'in touch' it is with non-obvious influences and information - including foresight to a great extent, Intelligence its raw information processing capacity Though the bits I read over were not as fleshed out as I would have liked, they basically represented organizations as mega-characters. I think they even had organization feats - which in M&M would be replaced with things like "Access to High Tech Weapons", "Mobile HQ: Helicarrier", etc.

Were I inclined to make up some M&M Organization rules, I'd probably use a lot of the Open Game content from those Gamma World rules. I downloaded the Player's Guide for free when they being offered on driverthrurpg.com.

I'm assuming other GW books expand upon their community rules, so there may be other places to mine ideas from...

Vrylakos

Return to “General M&M”