Registration Turned ON! [Edited]

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Berior
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Registration Turned Off

Postby Berior » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Any news on the "no registration button" thing mentionned above ?

Laughingcrow
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Laughingcrow » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 am

Ah yes, apologies, forgot to give feedback. I sent a few PMs and after some time Jon mentioned he'd turn on registration and that my wife could register; he would turn it off after she got confirmed apparently. This worked, but it seems that this board will be switched to new software later, so hopefully then there will be a more streamlined approach.

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Registration is turned back on. Hopefully this will remain true until the next phase. "What next phase?" you may well ask. I am working on a brand-new forum system that will incorporate all of our company's forums in one location, using a different forum system (vBulletin instead of phpBB). More details to follow...

MyManHercTheSecond
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Registration Turned ON! [Edited]

Postby MyManHercTheSecond » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Glad to finally be able to register here. Now, I just have to wait for my posts to get the TSA treatment, and life will be complete.

Edit: Yay!

Max™
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Max™ » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Same, randomly caught the registration button active when someone linked to a roll call thread, first time in a couple years of checking now and then that I find it active.
This is not a signature.

TrippperTheToad
Bystander
Bystander

Postby TrippperTheToad » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 am

SassyRonin wrote:Intern Emily has been bravely battling a tide of spammers the past few days, but she also has college-type stuff to do, and the rest of us don't have time for their spamming spam right now either. I've turned registration off.

There are Big Changes coming down the line for all our forums. More info on that soon.

[NOTE: New User Registration is back on for now. We'll see how it goes with the spammers. Big Changes are still on the horizon, but the horizon is closer now. --Evan]

I webmaster a bunch of websites.
The spam assault began last year with all the Wordpress sites I run....and then once the attacks there were slowing down they went crazy about beginning of November on the phpBB3 sites I take care of. Literally thousands of spammers signedup within 30 days and tried to post somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 posts filled with spammy goodness.
I had to close down new registrations and install a mod that lets new memberships be created quickly in the ACP and put a note up on the forums to email me if someone wanted to start a new account.

These damned spammers should be punished by the site owners they harass.

Orville
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Orville » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Ashame with these problems with spammers

I was frustrated not to be able to become a member for a while. Well, now I am here.

Good luck to you guys working with this problem

Kuildeous
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kuildeous » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 am

I didn't realize that registration was under fire here, but I've seen firsthand how spammers can destroy a forum, so I'm not surprised.

I attempted to post a couple of messages, but they did not show up. I presume there needs to be some sort of approval to allow me to post?

HurricaneEm
Super Awesome Intern. Of Dooooom!
Super Awesome Intern. Of Dooooom!

Postby HurricaneEm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am

Kuildeous wrote:I didn't realize that registration was under fire here, but I've seen firsthand how spammers can destroy a forum, so I'm not surprised.

I attempted to post a couple of messages, but they did not show up. I presume there needs to be some sort of approval to allow me to post?

Sorry, Kuildeous, I assume those have been approved? If not PM me.

Kuildeous
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kuildeous » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 pm

HurricaneEm wrote:
Kuildeous wrote:I didn't realize that registration was under fire here, but I've seen firsthand how spammers can destroy a forum, so I'm not surprised.

Sorry, Kuildeous, I assume those have been approved? If not PM me.

I'm good now. Thanks!

Return to “General M&M”