Punching For Justice - A Mutants & Masterminds Podcast

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Punching For Justice - A Mutants & Masterminds Podcast

Postby xquel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:25 am

Kyle, Are you in Winnepeg? (sic). Try to stay warm up there! -40 with the wind chill. (I hope my facebook buddy in "Winterpeg" was converting that to F for me, cause at -40 C, Northwind would start looking good! I remember Nature Boy's advice about crazy women, so that leaves his sister out!

Looking forward to the actual play, any chance you will link or at least type out the name of your new podcast or a possible eta?
"United we stand! Divided we fall!" - Rally Cry of the Untied Heroes of the World.

"If the GM is smiling, it is already too late."

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:48 pm

xquel wrote:Kyle, Are you in Winnepeg? (sic). Try to stay warm up there! -40 with the wind chill. (I hope my facebook buddy in "Winterpeg" was converting that to F for me, cause at -40 C, Northwind would start looking good!

Yeah, Winnipeg it is. -40 is actually where celsius and fahrenheit intersect, but yeah, it's cold outside. Thanks for your concern.

xquel wrote:Looking forward to the actual play, any chance you will link or at least type out the name of your new podcast or a possible eta?

I'm not sure I follow? If you mean the new episode of PFJ, it's the most recent post at punchingforjustice.com and is entitled PFJ Actual Play - Emerald City Knights 006.

xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby xquel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 pm

No, I was asking about the Marvel podcast, you mentioned at the end of PFJ 19. I got the idea Dan and yourself like the new Thor movie...
"United we stand! Divided we fall!" - Rally Cry of the Untied Heroes of the World.

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Oh! Sorry. That's not actually mine, I'm just an occasional cast member.

That's Word of the Nerd's Agents of Marvel podcast. I'm in the first three episodes so far, though scheduling conflicts prevented me from participating in episode four or five, which will be out next week.

xquel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby xquel » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks much, Kyle. I will check it out. Let me know if there are any Alpha Flight episodes, that you discuss. I KNOW how much you LOVE that group. (not sure I could make that drip with any more sarcasm)

nosdaddy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby nosdaddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Any news on new episodes coming down the pipeline?
I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm a bird plane!

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Well, since you asked....

Dan and I did record an episode mid-December, and the actual play campaign is finished so I've got a bunch of episodes of that stored up, and we're discussing what we're going to do next. The reason none of that is available to you fine listeners is that between the general crazy nonsense that is December, some personal stuff which I'm not going to burden anyone with, general laziness, and returning to school in early January, I haven't been able to find enough time to sit down and do a proper edit on anything.

So, episodes are coming. I've missed doing the show, and Dan's mentioned he has as well, so I don't think PFJ is going to disappear, just please bear with me.

On the plus side, audio production is a big part of the course I'm taking, so if nothing else, when they do arrive, hopefully there will be a noticeable improvement in the quality of new episodes.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Awesome! I look forward to the next episodes (note the "s")!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

nosdaddy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby nosdaddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Fantastic news. I look forward to the upcoming episodes. I've already decided to steal Eric's idea of Silvers for my own ECK campaign, which I'll be running my second session of on saturday.
I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm a bird plane!

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 pm

JonL wrote:Awesome! I look forward to the next episodes (note the "s")!

Thanks, Jon. I'm really excited about the topic we're going to try and cover the next time we record. Obviously, I've had a lot of time to think about it, so hopefully we'll be able to do it justice.

nosdaddy wrote:I've already decided to steal Eric's idea of Silvers for my own ECK campaign, which I'll be running my second session of on saturday.

That's great. I'll let Eric know; I'm sure he'll be happy to learn that someone liked his idea enough to incorporate it into their own game.

Kodyax
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kodyax » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 pm

have been enjoying this podcast as well. Both the commentary on M&M products and the actual play podcasts have quite nice. I look forward to what you release.

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Episode 20 is up!

Dan and I discuss the Traps and Magic Gadget Guides, and then share some GMing tricks and tips that we've learned over the years.

Available right now at punchingforjustice.com and should soon follow on iTunes.

Cosmic Joe
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Cosmic Joe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 pm

Hey, listening to the pod cast now. Did you guys ever post the character write-ups?

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:12 am

No, we didn't. Between Eric's generosity with Hero Point rewards, and a few character re-writes, I wouldn't be sure what build of each character would be best representative of what you hear in the episodes.

Ideally for the 'cast, the character stats would be a bit more static, but I have to admit I do really enjoy playing the current version of Nature Boy.

Cosmic Joe
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Cosmic Joe » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:06 am

I just got done with the fourth installment of game play. I have to say I like all the characters but, Nature Boy with his suit loving, flirting pragmatis is my favorite! Good work and love the pod cast!

Return to “General M&M”