Punching For Justice - A Mutants & Masterminds Podcast

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Punching For Justice - A Mutants & Masterminds Podcast

Postby Pierced Geek » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Hey all!

My buddy Dan and I recently recorded Episode 001 of Punching For Justice, a podcast devoted to superhero gaming, and Mutants & Masterminds 3e.

In the first episode, we speculate about the upcoming releases announced in the Green Ronin Roundtable, and discuss the Animal and Sonic Power Profiles, as well as cherry pick our favourite bits from the 'Threat Reports' collection.

The 'cast can be downloaded or streamed at http://www.punchingforjustice.com, and is also available on iTunes.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

CSABadass
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Punching For Justice - A Mutants & Masterminds Podcast

Postby CSABadass » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:11 am

Shoot me an email at csabadass at yahoo dot com if you ever need guests.

thaumonuclear
Comrade
Comrade

Postby thaumonuclear » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 am

Enjoyable listen for my morning commute.

Reminds me of that unfortunate period where super-man pajamas stopped having superman's S on the chest, and instead started having a picture of Superman. WTH? Superman doesn't run around with his own picture on his chest!

Anyway, for future episodes, I'd like to hear your thoughts on some third party products as well.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 am

CSABadass wrote:Shoot me an email at csabadass at yahoo dot com if you ever need guests.

If you're not careful, Sir, I may just take you up on that offer.
Punching For Justice - It's a podcast devoted to superhero gaming and Mutants & Masterminds 3e
Kyle Reads Alpha Flight - A distinctly Canadian look at comics' premiere team of Canadian superheroes. Also: swearing and dick jokes.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

thaumonuclear wrote:Enjoyable listen for my morning commute.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

thaumonuclear wrote:Reminds me of that unfortunate period where super-man pajamas stopped having superman's S on the chest, and instead started having a picture of Superman. WTH? Superman doesn't run around with his own picture on his chest!

Now I kinda wish he did.... Maybe under the effect of some sort of Kryptonite that 'causes him to temporarily become a bit of a dick.

thaumonuclear wrote:Anyway, for future episodes, I'd like to hear your thoughts on some third party products as well.

I'd definitely be up for that. Though, I don't want the 'cast to be exclusively talking about supplements, third-party publishing is a topic I want to cover somewhere down the line.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 am

Episode 002 is now available on iTunes or at punchingforjustice.com.

Dan and I take an in depth look at Complications in our new Utility Belt segment.

Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Etherial Ghost » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:24 pm

You could review some of the stuff Vigilance Press has put out as a third party publisher for M&M. Of course, you could just contact James Dawsey (aka Shadowchaser) here on the boards as well....

As a "review", Episode 1 was decent (especially for a first podcast), but I liked the 2nd episode.

Perhaps for another episode, you could go over each archetype (for newbs).
"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Etherial Ghost wrote:As a "review", Episode 1 was decent (especially for a first podcast), but I liked the 2nd episode.

Well, at least we're trending upwards. Thanks for listening, I appreciate the feedback.

Etherial Ghost wrote:Perhaps for another episode, you could go over each archetype (for newbs).

That's certinally on the list of potential topics. I'm just not yet certain how much detail I want to go into for each archetype.

Etherial Ghost
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Etherial Ghost » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 pm

I'll elaborate a little on the 2 podcasts.

The first one had the review segments, but I think the review of Threat Reports drug out a little bit. The Power Profile reviews were shorter, but I can't recall if anything was ever really discussed "in depth", just mentioned and moved on.

The 2nd podcast was the discussion on Complications, and the subject was definitely more focused and gone into. I can say that if that were the general format, I would like it more that way, even if they do run a bit shorter. Please don't feel that you have to cover every segment in every podcast (unless that's what you decide to do), sometimes less is more!

I'm definitely looking forward to issue 3!
"The difficult we do immediately, The impossible takes a little longer!"

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm looking forward to future episodes as well!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Etherial Ghost wrote:The first one had the review segments, but I think the review of Threat Reports drug out a little bit. The Power Profile reviews were shorter, but I can't recall if anything was ever really discussed "in depth", just mentioned and moved on.

Good to know. With the Power Profiles, I didn't want to go into too much depth -- especially since I knew we'd be spending a lot of time talking about Threat Reports -- and just called out things that I liked or didn't like about them.

Etherial Ghost wrote:The 2nd podcast was the discussion on Complications, and the subject was definitely more focused and gone into. I can say that if that were the general format, I would like it more that way, even if they do run a bit shorter.

Well, Episode 003 is going to have a similar discussion regarding Hero Points. I'm working on another segment as well, but I haven't quite decided which one.

Etherial Ghost wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to issue 3!

Thanks. Again, I really do appreciate the feedback.

JonL wrote:I'm looking forward to future episodes as well!

Well, no preassure then!

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:40 am

Hey folks. Episode 003 of Punching For Justice is up at www.punchingforjustice.com, and should be available on iTunes sooner as opposed to later.

We go over the Cold Powers Power Profile, talk about Extra Effort, and rant a little bit about the New 52's Green Arrow.
Last edited by Pierced Geek on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 am

That link's not working for me. Is it just me?
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Link is broken, they left the e off justice in the code.
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.

Pierced Geek
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Pierced Geek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Whoops! The link should be working now.

Edit: Apparently I messed up the link for the rss feed as well, so it isn't on iTunes yet -- this is what happens when I stay up late to edit and post the show as opposed to sleeping first -- but I think everything should be sorted now, and it should show up in a few hours or so.

Return to “General M&M”