Gadget Guides PDF Preview

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Gadget Guides PDF Preview

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri May 02, 2014 2:55 pm

So the compilation of the Gadget Guides is going on sale next week. Here's a link to the article with a preview of the PDF!

http://greenronin.com/2014/05/pdf_preview_gadget_guides.php
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Gadget Guides PDF Preview

Postby Hellhound » Fri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Wow, that cover is just awesome!!

Did you know who´s the artist?
The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Fri May 02, 2014 6:07 pm

I'd be excited to read the appendices on Inventing and Rituals, but from the table of contents, it looks like there's going to be two new Guides -- Psychic and Steam -- as well.

Greyman
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Greyman » Sat May 03, 2014 4:27 am

Kyle wrote:I'd be excited to read the appendices on Inventing and Rituals, ...
The preview does introduce some sweet conceptual expansion for the Ritualist Advantage. I'd love for that to be a representative sample of the quality of new content.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Sun May 04, 2014 11:57 am

Hellhound wrote:Wow, that cover is just awesome!!

I second that. I wish there was some stats or background info on that cool looking giant mecha/robot. 8)
Hopefully, the gadget guide print version comes out in time for June. The futuristic equipment will make
it quite useful for the upcoming cosmic handbook.

Bramble Thorn
Bystander
Bystander

Just checking to see if M&M is still living.

Postby Bramble Thorn » Sun May 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Hello, this preview is nice and all, but I have a question in the hopes the developers are still reading this thread.

*Pokes them with a stick*

Is everything all right? With Mutants and Masterminds that is, or are you in the process of winding it down for other game lines like ICONS, Song of Ice and Fire, etc?

I ask this because you have not been updating the Mutants & Masterminds website for several months, even when there is news. Having the website of your game line stagnant does not inspire confidence. I know some updates were on the company website, but that was not the the place I had bookmarked, as I was not as interested in your current lines, just M&M. I doubt I was the only one.

And frankly, the ball has been dropped on keeping current with events for a while. Some of the individual gadget guides and SCARE Sheets were put up for sale without announcement at all, and are even missing from the DriveThruRPG.com website.

Now I am not trying to pick on you or anything; I love the work you do. But more than once have I had someone unmoving on the couch for long enough I shook them on the shoulder to see if they were, you know, still alive. So if you have just been sleeping for the past few months, my bad. You can go back to sleep if you want, but please consider getting up for the day; There is work to be done!

In case you do want to update your M&M online presence, here is what is missing:

PDF Preview: Gadget Guides - Missing M&M News
Atlas of Earth-Prime: Canada - Missing M&M News
Wild Cards SCARE Sheets Compilation - Never Announced Anywhere, Not For Sale on drivethrurpg.com
Wild Cards SCARE Sheet 21: Sekhmet - Never Announced Anywhere, Not For Sale on drivethrurpg.com
Wild Cards SCARE Sheet 20: Tom Weathers - Not For Sale on drivethrurpg.com
Mutants & Masterminds Gadget Guide: Computers - Missing M&M News.
And probably more further back, unfortunately.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Just checking to see if M&M is still living.

Postby saint_matthew » Mon May 05, 2014 2:16 am

Bramble Thorn wrote:I ask this because you have not been updating the Mutants & Masterminds website for several months, even when there is news. Having the website of your game line stagnant does not inspire confidence.

I think you'll find that they are updating the website a bit at the moment, what with the atomic think tank being moved over to a new forum system called RoninArmy. So I'm hoping that the slow down on the website is just GR deciding to finally update the website.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Mon May 05, 2014 10:06 am

saint_matthew wrote:
Bramble Thorn wrote:I ask this because you have not been updating the Mutants & Masterminds website for several months, even when there is news. Having the website of your game line stagnant does not inspire confidence.

I think you'll find that they are updating the website a bit at the moment, what with the atomic think tank being moved over to a new forum system called RoninArmy. So I'm hoping that the slow down on the website is just GR deciding to finally update the website.

I've been wondering if the roninarmy site is a fishing scheme, as I got the email but choose not to follow it. I can't imagine they're going to downgrade the M&M site to a single forum sub-section.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 am

Monolith wrote:I've been wondering if the roninarmy site is a phishing scheme, as I got the email but choose not to follow it. I can't imagine they're going to downgrade the M&M site to a single forum sub-section.

Pretty sure it's legit. :) If not, there's a lot of effort put into this including impersonating all of the Green Ronin staff.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Mon May 05, 2014 12:53 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Monolith wrote:I've been wondering if the roninarmy site is a phishing scheme, as I got the email but choose not to follow it. I can't imagine they're going to downgrade the M&M site to a single forum sub-section.

Pretty sure it's legit. :) If not, there's a lot of effort put into this including impersonating all of the Green Ronin staff.

Yeah, I thought it was a phishing scheme myself. I didn't read anything about it on the forums until now.
Is there any official word from the Green Ronin staff to verify the email?

As for M&M I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of updates. I just presumed that they're too busy to
update the front page in awhile. Now if they suddenly stopped producing any more pdfs or books then I
would start worrying.

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Mon May 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Mutants & Masterminds is alive and well, and as our flagship product line, still backing our paychecks. If M&M stories aren't getting cross-posted to MutantsAndMasterminds.com it's because I have to log in to a different instance of the same interface and copy & paste blog posts from GreenRonin.com, and I don't always remember to do so, or have time to do so before rushing off to transport my kids some place. I am also transferring everything over to a single system on the new server, so that when we post something to the main site and put it in the Mutants & Masterminds category, it will also appear in the news on MutantsAndMasterminds.com. This means I'm focused on implementing the new system, sometimes to the detriment of the current one.

In short, we're busy, and in no way replacing the Mutants & Masterminds product line with anything, because we very much like M&M and our jobs.

Return to “General M&M”