EXCITED for freedom City 3e! and a ? for Steve or JonL

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Samson
Zealot
Zealot

EXCITED for freedom City 3e! and a ? for Steve or JonL

Postby Samson » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 pm

OK, I heard on a podcast from Vigilance Press lots of cool info about Freedom City 3e Sourcebook that really has me jazzed for it.

For one thing, since the Cosmic Sourcebook and the Atlas of Earth Prime series are both coming out, the whole FC3e book can be devoted totally to Freedom City!

It will be in a very similar format to Emerald City Sourcebook in that it will be three parts. The Players Guide, the GM Secret stuff and instead of an adventure, I think Steve said there would probably be 3e versions of a zillion villains (if I had to gues, I think it would be the villains that were in past M&M Core books plus all of Freedoms Most Wanted). This would make for an awesome chapter.

I personally strongly hope that all the Freedom City info from the 2e “Ages” books (IE Golden Age, Silver Age and Iron Age) gets integrated into the FC3e and my personal hope, in the section that talks about the Liberty League and all version of the Freedom League that was also in the “Ages” books gets placed in there as well (crosses fingers). I am a total nutcase-fanboy about the Liberty/Freedom League so I could die happy if its section had all previous information in other books compiled together in the Freedom League section of this book.

I can’t wait to purchase the presale on this! :D 8) :D

My question to Steve, JonL or whoever can answer is this…

Are you going to have the option like you did for Emerald City where one can buy the PDF products separately? So for example can I tell the guys in my campaign that they only need to buy the players PDF if they either can’t or don’t want to get the whole book ?(some players are broker than others)
"This is me, yo, right here." - Wallace, The Wire: Episode 12

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Re: EXCITED for freedom City 3e! and a ? for Steve or JonL

Postby Foreshadow » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:37 pm

How about a Limited Edition version and a Cloth map of freedom city (go see Modiphius stuff they have a cool cloth map for acthung cthulhu, which i'm sure Jon is fully aware of). Yes modiphius is doing a lot of cool stuff. I like their cardinal coins. They could be great Hero points. It would be neat to have a set of freedom city (or freedomverse) coins.

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Foreshadow wrote:How about a Limited Edition version and a Cloth map of freedom city (go see Modiphius stuff they have a cool cloth map for acthung cthulhu, which i'm sure Jon is fully aware of). Yes modiphius is doing a lot of cool stuff. I like their cardinal coins. They could be great Hero points. It would be neat to have a set of freedom city (or freedomverse) coins.

Great ideas!

Cloth maps for Emerald City and Freedom City would be awesome!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Samson wrote:Cloth maps for Emerald City and Freedom City would be awesome!

I have no idea what a cloth map is but if it is as it sounds, a map on cloth you can make those yourself. Photography companies have had cloth printing from digital sources for a decade.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 am

For those who might be curious what a cloth map is. Go to this link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mo ... sts/741566

There is a link to that part of the kickstarter, and Chris (the owner of that company) explains in the video what the cloth map is. Apparently there is a GM's version and a players version, but it is designed to be a map of Europe for a campaign.

yet they also plan to do a Lunar City map too (plus a Massive version too), so you can do the freedom city map on it.

The same could be done for the emerald city map.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 am

Foreshadow wrote:For those who might be curious what a cloth map is. Go to this link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mo ... sts/741566

Yeah, that's essentially what we do when we have photo prints printed on material (similar material too).... An it seems pretty cool, but is there really a market for that for M&M? I suppose I could see it for 2E Freedom City since that maps was adequately detailed (but probably not a large enough size to reproduce to that scale), but for Emerald City? That map wasn't what one would call overly detailed.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Samson wrote:My question to Steve, JonL or whoever can answer is this…

Are you going to have the option like you did for Emerald City where one can buy the PDF products separately? So for example can I tell the guys in my campaign that they only need to buy the players PDF if they either can’t or don’t want to get the whole book ?(some players are broker than others)

I can't say for certain, but we're organizing FC3 similarly to EC. So it will have a Player's Guide section, Secrets section, and a significant chunk of characters converted to M&M3 (instead of an adventure).

If I have my way, we'll sell it in sections or as a lump sum.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Nifty.

WIll it have new characters in it, or just conversions of older guys?

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Crinos wrote:Nifty.

WIll it have new characters in it, or just conversions of older guys?

Lots of conversions, but I'm unsure about new characters since Steve's working on it now.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 am

@JonL: You know what I'd love to see in the Freedom City book? I would love to see a brand new layout thematic.... The green circuit design has never done it for me, but with time I'm actually grown to seriously dislike the design. At the very least can we put the chapter headings & sub headings back into black (and ditch the under scoring entirely). At least that way the colours of side bars & tables actually pop, rather than being subsumed in the garble of overwhelming colour.

That was actually one of the problems I had with the Emerald City source book. By the time I had finished reading Johns copy I actively hated the colour green, any one wearing green & any one named emerald. There was just to much green.

EDIT: Do you mind telling us what the reason for the circuit board design was? Was there a design reason behind it? Or did someone just think it looked cool.
-Isaac Asimov

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:20 am

saint_matthew wrote:@JonL: You know what I'd love to see in the Freedom City book? I would love to see a brand new layout thematic.... The green circuit design has never done it for me, but with time I'm actually grown to seriously dislike the design. At the very least can we put the chapter headings & sub headings back into black (and ditch the under scoring entirely). At least that way the colours of side bars & tables actually pop, rather than being subsumed in the garble of overwhelming colour.

That was actually one of the problems I had with the Emerald City source book. By the time I had finished reading Johns copy I actively hated the colour green, any one wearing green & any one named emerald. There was just to much green.

EDIT: Do you mind telling us what the reason for the circuit board design was? Was there a design reason behind it? Or did someone just think it looked cool.

I'll pass your comments along.

As for the circuit board design, Hal thought it looked cool, so he went with it.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Samson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Samson » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:39 pm

<shrug> I liked it. Different strokes I guess and all that.

JonL wrote:I can't say for certain, but we're organizing FC3 similarly to EC. So it will have a Player's Guide section, Secrets section, and a significant chunk of characters converted to M&M3 (instead of an adventure).

If I have my way, we'll sell it in sections or as a lump sum.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “General M&M”