Another GM Screen Generator Archetype Question

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Another GM Screen Generator Archetype Question

Postby Devastation Bob » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:39 am

Under the Elemental Archetype, there's a box of text detailing changing the permanent to sustained/activation to give the Elemental a flesh and blood form. Was wondering how to do that. This i what I have so far.

ABILITIES — TRANSFORMED
STR1 STA2 AGL3 DEX2 FGT6 INT0 AWE1 PRE2
ADVANTAGES
Choose one: Power Attack or Accurate Attack
ADVANTAGES — UNOBTRUSIVE
Favored Environment (Choose one), Choose one: Evasion or Improved Initiative
SKILLS
Ranged Combat: Element Control 8; Choose one: Acrobatics 4, or Athletics 4, or Close Combat: Unarmed 4; Choose one: Deception 8 or Intimidation 8
SKILLS — SCIENTIST
Expertise: Science 8, Technology 4
POWERS
Elemental Constitution: Immunity 12 (Critical Hits, Life Support)
• 12 points
AIR ELEMENTAL
PRIMARY POWERS
Gaseous Form: Visual Concealment 4, Partial; Insubstantial 2, Permanent • 14 points
Swiftness: Enhanced Defenses 20 (Dodge 10, Parry 10); Flight 7 (250 MPH) • 34 points
OFFENSIVE POWERS
Air Control: Array (20 points plus 2 Alternate Effects)
• Air Blast: Ranged Damage 10 • 20 points
• Tornado: Burst Area Damage 10 • 1 point
• Wind Control: Move Object 10 • 1 point
DEFENSES
DODGE+1 PARRY+0 FORTITUDE+8 TOUGHNESS+0 WILL+6
POWER POINTS
Abilities 34 Skills 16 Powers 82 Defenses 15 Advantages 3 Total= 150
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Another GM Screen Generator Archetype Question

Postby Monolith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 am

The shift from permanent to sustained is a +0 cost change, so you just simply change the insubstantial from permanent to sustained and the cost is the same. Sustained to continuous is a +1 extra and permanent is a -1 flaw for a net change of +0.

Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Devastation Bob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Stormy Weather: Environment 10 (2 miles; Cold, Impede Movement, Visibility) • 30 points

This is a descriptor from the Weather Controller archetype. Does this mean you get all three effects; cold, impede, and visibility at once or one at a time? Are they the rank 1 or rank 2 versions?

thanks.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:52 pm

At once. And they'd have to be the 1 pt versions to fit within the amount of points.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 pm

You get all 3 at once. Essentially each environmental condition is like a "Full Extra", so they are all active when you use the power. Presumably they are all the rank 1 versions since they usually write in the 2s, plus it would make the cost higher.

The Weather Power Profile introduced a Selective* Extra that would allow you to change those ranks around. So if you added Selective to Stormy Weather, you would be able to assign those 3 ranks of effect in different ways (2 ranks in Extreme Cold plus 1 in Visibility, or 2 Impair Move + 1 Cold, etc) for a total cost of 4p/rank, or 40p in this case.

*not to be confused with the regular Selective that allows you to choose which areas in an Area Effect are affected. Why they couldn't use a different name is a mystery for the ages. PS - you can use both Selectives on one power.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Onion Bubs
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Onion Bubs » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm

JDRook wrote:The Weather Power Profile introduced a Selective* Extra that would allow you to change those ranks around. So if you added Selective to Stormy Weather, you would be able to assign those 3 ranks of effect in different ways (2 ranks in Extreme Cold plus 1 in Visibility, or 2 Impair Move + 1 Cold, etc) for a total cost of 4p/rank, or 40p in this case.

*not to be confused with the regular Selective that allows you to choose which areas in an Area Effect are affected. Why they couldn't use a different name is a mystery for the ages. PS - you can use both Selectives on one power.

I wonder if maybe Malleable for the version of Selective that allows you to change those ranks around would work?

Return to “General M&M”