Battlesuit Archetype

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Chris F
Collaborator
Collaborator

Battlesuit Archetype

Postby Chris F » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 pm

It's been a really long time since I looked at the rules, so maybe I'm not reading this right..
The battlesuit archetype has Strength 12, Enhanced Strength 12, Fighting 8, and Enhanced Fighting 4. Doesn't that put it way over the limits for power level 10? Or is there an erratum that I missed somewhere?

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Battlesuit Archetype

Postby Hellhound » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:11 am

The Streght 12 is the result of Enhanced Streght 12 and the Fighting 8 is Fighting 4 plus Enhanced Fighting 4.

That´s mean the character has fighting 4 without the suit.
The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 am

That's a standard they've put in place in the books now, I believe: Abilities shown are usually the total for their most common powerset, so normally the highest. I'm pretty sure there's a specific paragraph or sidebar near the beginning of at least one of the 4 main books mentioning that (probably the Heroes & Villains volumes). I guess they wanted to minimize the use of "STR 8/4" all over the place, possibly just as a layout concern.

EDIT - Yeah, the How To Read Characters section is at the beginning of most of the support books but not in the core Handbooks, but they obviously have standard now.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 am

It can be a bit confusing. I think, in cases where Enhanced Abilities and other Traits are part of an Array, they're shown in the base stats, but with a slash to show what the amount is when said power is not in play, as is the case with Ultramarine from the Sentinels. When using her Blue-Green Laser, instead of her Servo Motors, she has Strength 0, instead of Strength 8.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Return to “General M&M”