what pl?

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

what pl?

Postby rlwr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 am

what pl do you think the main group of agents of shield characters are?

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Re: what pl?

Postby Monolith » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

I would imagine most of them are in the 4-6 range. We see how easily even low-level supers take them out.

rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

Postby rlwr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 am

ya I think that's about right and yes deathlock takes them on like they are nothing.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am

Skye, Fits, and Simmons are probably pl 4, as they don't do a lot of combat.
May and Coulson are probably pl 5.
Ward is probably pl 6, as he's the most combat active.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Monolith wrote:Skye, Fits, and Simmons are probably pl 4, as they don't do a lot of combat.

I could probably agree with your ratings, except that there's no way Ward has a higher combat PL than May. May would have to be at least PL 6... Maybe PL 7, but I think that's pushing it.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Mr Mole wrote:
Monolith wrote:Skye, Fits, and Simmons are probably pl 4, as they don't do a lot of combat.

I could probably agree with your ratings, except that there's no way Ward has a higher combat PL than May. May would have to be at least PL 6... Maybe PL 7, but I think that's pushing it.

Ward does a lot more combat then May. Look at the last episode: Ward took on 12 SHIELD agents at once while May took on 4. Even the episode where Ward gets the norse staff, Ward too out the whole crew while May just took out 1 person. They try to play out May but Ward always ends up taking out more people.

May has more of a ninja style, where she used the setting and surprise to her advantage. Ward is more of a direct combatant. I also think May has a better ego and mental center, but I think Ward is the combat power house of the team.

Fists of Dorn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Fists of Dorn » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:33 pm

I think Monolith's assessment is pretty accurate. As for how May at PL5 could compete against a guy like Ward at PL6:

May should have the various 'Maneuver' advantages and higher overall attack/defense bonuses- allowing her to better adjust her survivability (trading up to five points).
Ward is simply stronger/tougher and has access to the basic maneuvers (able to adjust up to two points)- allowing him to be pretty darned good in a fight.

May's most significant advantage over Ward is her experience and the patience needed to best utilize it.

-Fists.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Monolith wrote:Ward does a lot more combat then May. Look at the last episode: Ward took on 12 SHIELD agents at once while May took on 4. Even the episode where Ward gets the norse staff, Ward too out the whole crew while May just took out 1 person. They try to play out May but Ward always ends up taking out more people.

Maybe Ward just has Takedown. Best possible advantage if skill = number of kills.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “General M&M”