PP: Death - Suppress Life

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
RotatingPanda
Bystander
Bystander

PP: Death - Suppress Life

Postby RotatingPanda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Maybe I'm just not wrapping my head around this, but I don't understand how this power works. Does it prevent healing? Does it lower Stamina exclusively for recovery checks? Confused. Help, please?

Firebrand

Re: PP: Death - Suppress Life

Postby Karma » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:14 pm

I don't think it does, actually. Recovery Checks are a 2E mechanic that aren't present in 3E.

Rather than removing damage conditions automatically, resting characters would make Constitution (Stamina) checks to remove them.

So if that rule was in 3E weakening Stamina would hinder natural healing, but it's not and Stamina doesn't have anything to do with recovery.
Even if it did, you'd probably have the points back by the time you're ready to make a Recovery Check. Weakened points recover 1/round--Incurable doesn't change that, it just means you can't use powers to get them back faster.

So, all around I say this power doesn't work as written. I think I'll post this in the Errata thread.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 pm

I think the intent of the power is to remove your stamina to a point where you no longer get recovery and you become like a construct that must be repaired rather then resting to recover. The draining doesn't affect any other aspect of stamina like toughness, and if you're required to make a dying check while under the power's affect you don't get the check.

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hellhound » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:22 am

The description in the PP Death says that victims are incapable of healing or recovering or benefitting from effects that help them to do so.

That means the character affected with this power doesn´t recover for resting, can´t recover with healing or regeneration at least the power has the persistent extra.

Also if the character has to make a Dying Check, use her Fortitude Check with the Stamina adjusted for the Weaken effect.

BUT; as Karma said, Weakened points recover 1 per turn.

I guess maybe needs the Progresive extra, or Continuous to do match better for what I understad is the intention.
The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

Return to “General M&M”