Combat Breakdown

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Savourn
Bystander
Bystander

Combat Breakdown

Postby Savourn » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:51 pm

All,

We're new to M&M.
I have created a combat breakdown sheet that I would like people to check.
I created this because were are confused by the combat system: so I can't presume it's right?

http://www.savourn.com/files/mm_combat_breakdown.pdf

If it's deemed correct, feel free to use it as a reference in your game sessions.
Paizo, if it's breaking any laws, just let me know and I'll remove or rectify as required.

Man I hope I've posted this in the right area, I don't actually think it’s a "Super Powered by" thing.

Savorun

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Combat Breakdown

Postby JDRook » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:23 am

That's a nice reference sheet. A few minor details:

- the exact terms are "Close Attack Advantage" and "Close Combat Skill" which may help keep from confusing the two as long as you're consistent. Obviously, same terms for Ranged.

- it does cover most basic Damage-based Attacks. Area Attacks, Perception Range, Afflictions, etc, will vary this a bit, but you definitely have the basics covered.

Savourn wrote:Paizo, if it's breaking any laws, just let me know and I'll remove or rectify as required.

- Paizo has nothing to do with M&M. It's owned by Green Ronin.
- The game rules are actually OGL (Open Game License) so I'm pretty sure you can make and share anything you want using the rules. In fact, the entire ruleset is freely available here.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Savourn
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Savourn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 am

JDRook,

Lol I've used Paizo's name by mistake, of course I meant Green Ronin :)

Thanx for these points. I've updated the sheet to the terms you mention. I see how the difference can help to differentiate advantage from skill.

Yes, there's a lot of detail I could have gone into but intend to keep to one A4 page. The text is already pretty tight in there. The single objective is to de-mystify the basics of combat (or core mechanic). If it does that, then I'm happy.

Savourn

Savourn
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Savourn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:25 am

Anyone else? comments/criticisms?

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:50 am

Savourn wrote:Anyone else? comments/criticisms?

Um, let me think.... I like Ice-cream..... But I'm not allowed to have ice-cream at the moment. I also like your combat breakdown & I'm allowed to have that, so thank you

*Hugs Savourn*

Thank you a lot.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “General M&M”