Atlas of Earth-Prime: The USA

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Re: Atlas of Earth-Prime: The USA

Postby JonL » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:01 am

K.G. Carlson wrote:There's a big problem with this this Atlas of Earth-Prime; I want a 3e Freedom City sourcebook, around 500 pages, and I want it yesterday!!!

(Sssshhh, I know I'm delusional, but allow me this indulgence for a few moments more...)

Seriously, I loved the first issue and eagerly look forward to more. Two thumbs up, GR!

Steve is knee-deep in the FC3 book right now!

And thanks, glad you liked it!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hellhound » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 am

thaumonuclear wrote:
Samson wrote:
Is there art showing how Elite as Raven looks?

I don't remember Elite. Who is that?

I hope the Raven franchise isn't going to get as complicated as the Bowman franchise.

This is Elite

The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

ashton2
Bystander
Bystander

Postby ashton2 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:19 pm

I was a little underwhelmed, it seemed a little high level and glossed over each area real fast. Maybe I misunderstood what this was trying to accomplish. It left a lot of questions for me, maybe its supposed to be a teaser for FC3.

K.G. Carlson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby K.G. Carlson » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 am

JonL wrote:Steve is knee-deep in the FC3 book right now!

And thanks, glad you liked it!

:shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :D

31 flavors of awesome news. Thanks!
"More powerful than a locomotive...and about as subtle!"
--Joker

Say goodbye to gravity, say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
-The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:32 am

ashton2 wrote:I was a little underwhelmed, it seemed a little high level and glossed over each area real fast. Maybe I misunderstood what this was trying to accomplish. It left a lot of questions for me, maybe its supposed to be a teaser for FC3.

It has been mentioned (by me) & recognised by good old JL. He has assured me there is more content for future "issues", but we will see.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 am

Just a little something missing in this for an atlas, namely a map. Of course, I tend to equate atlas with a book of maps. Perhaps three in this case: USA, Freedom City, and Emerald City.

Stigger
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Stigger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:20 am

I'd love a map myself, but I've gotten used to the idea that maps just don't come with comics-based stuff more often than not, which I totally blame DC for with it's refusing to pin down the locations for Gotham City and Metropolis... okay, so that probably isn't the only reason, but still... :D

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am

robertness wrote:Just a little something missing in this for an atlas, namely a map. Of course, I tend to equate atlas with a book of maps. Perhaps three in this case: USA, Freedom City, and Emerald City.

We figured maps can be viewed online pretty easily, so we'd rather have art instead of a map.

But I understand the idea of an atlas containing maps.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

Stigger wrote:which I totally blame DC for with it's refusing to pin down the locations for Gotham City and Metropolis

Actually, even though DC refuses to tell us where Metropolis & Gotham are, both have had official maps released over the years. Heck even Bludhaven got a map. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... en_map.jpg

Maps are not so out of place in a comic book universe, however its not like the locations presented in the product so far has been detailed enough, or deep enough to require a map. After all, you only need a map when what you are showing me is actually important & contains important details of a location.... Otherwise any old map will do, since you have no details to show on the map. :D

Hope that helps.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

robertness
Comrade
Comrade

Postby robertness » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:18 pm

JonL wrote:
robertness wrote:Just a little something missing in this for an atlas, namely a map. Of course, I tend to equate atlas with a book of maps. Perhaps three in this case: USA, Freedom City, and Emerald City.

We figured maps can be viewed online pretty easily, so we'd rather have art instead of a map.

But I understand the idea of an atlas containing maps.

Gotcha. I didn't know they were available online. Just found the FC map on the Green Ronin site. That's the type of thing certain other game companies hate parting with without getting cash. Thanks!

My wiring for spatial relations is such that I often have trouble understanding where A is relative to B from even the best written descriptions. And don't get me started on how lost I can get with a GPS if I haven't examined the route to my destination on an old fashioned map first.

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hellhound » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:01 am

Stigger wrote:I totally blame DC for with it's refusing to pin down the locations for Gotham City and Metropolis... okay, so that probably isn't the only reason, but still... :D

In fact if DC have said, just that over the years have changed. However assumes that both Metropolis and Gotham City are on the East Coast, somewhere between New Jersey, New York or Delaware
The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 am

thaumonuclear wrote:I don't remember Elite. Who is that?

He's one of the Alterniteens from the Hero High books. He hails from an alternate dimension and was trained by a pan-dimensional Assassin's guild named the Murder League. He was very successful until a psychic tore his conditioning apart, either unleashing his natural conscience or implanting a new one in him, and he went on the lam. He was rescued by the Alterniteens and is trying to learn to be a regular teenager superhero, but still has a lot of training on killing versus disabling targets and he knows that, sooner or later, the Murder League will catch up to him and he'll have to eliminate them.

He's kind of a mix between Damien and Jason Todd in the Batman books, trained to be lethal and learning how not to be. Unless something significant happened in his backstory (I haven't picked up this new product yet), he's going to be a bit of a darker and grittier reboot of Raven.

Stigger
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Stigger » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Heh, yeah, I know about the convoluted geography of Gotham and Metropolis. I tend to put Metropolis in Delaware, and Gotham City not far away in New Jersey for my own games, as the geography fits fairly well there in most respects.

As to the rest of it, I'm really looking foward to the coming atlas articles, and an planning on blending it a bit with the DC Universe book for my own games.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Just so everyone knows. Real life has interfered and pushed me back a week on the next Atlas. So instead of coming next week, it'll be the week after.

Fear not, though, I have Atlases 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 in some stage of readiness, so hopefully this will be the only delay.

Stupid life.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Zaran
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zaran » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:24 am

Is this going to be consolidated into a book as well?

Return to “General M&M”