Atlas of Earth-Prime: The USA

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Re: Atlas of Earth-Prime: The USA

Postby JonL » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Psistrike wrote:Gamers: "All right, where is the Atlas of Earth-Prime: Canada?"
JonL: "He's not in this stove."
Gamers: "Ah, that's where he's hiding."
JonL: "Would I turn on the stove and throw in a lit match if my good friend Atlas of Earth-Prime: Canada was in there?"
Atlas of Earth-Prime: Canada: "Oh no you don't! We surrender, put us online already!"
:P Little play on the old Bugs Bunny cartoon routine.

Ha! Would I do that to friends?

Next week is the plan, according to Hal! I've seen some art, so I know it's in the works!

Sorry again for the long delay. These are taking more time than I'd originally hoped, but I'm pretty far ahead now -- and I've actually found writers from all over the world now, which is very exciting!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 pm

JonL wrote:Ha! Would I do that to friends?

Next week is the plan, according to Hal! I've seen some art, so I know it's in the works!

Sorry again for the long delay. These are taking more time than I'd originally hoped, but I'm pretty far ahead now -- and I've actually found writers from all over the world now, which is very exciting!

Ah, good to know.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:08 am

I'm sorry to say there was a miscommunication with the artist on the dates. We were hoping to have the Canada Atlas up and ready this week, but it look like we'll have to wait.

Hal and Alberto are very sorry!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 pm

JonL wrote:I'm sorry to say there was a miscommunication with the artist on the dates. We were hoping to have the Canada Atlas up and ready this week, but it look like we'll have to wait.

*In Charlie Brown voice: "Rats!" Well, better to be patient and get a great product than to rush it and have it full of mistakes. Seen too many books rushed just to meet a stated deadline which could have used another week or two to check for typos, etc.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Psistrike wrote:
JonL wrote:I'm sorry to say there was a miscommunication with the artist on the dates. We were hoping to have the Canada Atlas up and ready this week, but it look like we'll have to wait.

*In Charlie Brown voice: "Rats!" Well, better to be patient and get a great product than to rush it and have it full of mistakes. Seen too many books rushed just to meet a stated deadline which could have used another week or two to check for typos, etc.

It must have been hard to get a hold of writers from far away nations. So that definitely explains why
we won't be getting a atlas entry each week. Really, I do not want it rushed and get a Mexican hero with
a sombrero as mentioned in the recent podcast. Not to mention the scimitar wielding arab on a magic
carpet. :lol:
Last edited by HustlerOne on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 pm

HustlerOne wrote:
Psistrike wrote:

It must have been hard to get a hold of writers from far away nations. So that definitely explains why
we won't be getting a atlas entry each week. Really, I do not want it rushed and get a Mexican hero with
a sombrero as mentioned in the recent podcast. :lol:

The Mexico entry is my favorite so far, actually! It's so good! I can't wait for you guys to see it.

And yes, finding people from all over the world to write for this has been a challenge. There will still be some chapters the Steve will have to cover, but he's a very good writer.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 pm

HustlerOne wrote:Not to mention the scimitar wielding arab on a magic carpet. :lol:

Is it bad that Marvel actually has that character? His name is the White Knight & he appeared in that racist totalitarian version of Black Panther that they turned into an almost animated movie.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:51 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
HustlerOne wrote:Not to mention the scimitar wielding arab on a magic carpet. :lol:

Is it bad that Marvel actually has that character? His name is the White Knight & he appeared in that racist totalitarian version of Black Panther that they turned into an almost animated movie.

Actually his name was Arabian Knight, and he actually predates the Black Panther Story: He showed up in the original contest of champions story, where he spent most of his screen time bickering with Sabra, the Israeli super heroine Sabra.

Of course Contest Champions also features the Chinese Hero Collective Man, so you know, Marvel has never been the most racially sensitive comic company (Just for fun, check out some of the earliest appearances of Banshee. Apparently whoever drew him back then took their cues for how Irish people look from turn of the century anti Irish propaganda.)

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Crinos wrote:Actually his name was Arabian Knight

That explains why I couldn't find him again when I googled him. Thank you.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Hellhound
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hellhound » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 am

JonL wrote:
The Mexico entry is my favorite so far, actually! It's so good! I can't wait for you guys to see it.

I REALLY hope so...
The treachery of demons is nothing compared to the betrayal of an angel.

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Oh, good people of the ATT. I come to you, humbly, to beg your forgiveness and to inform you that the Canada Atlas will not be ready this week.

The artist was originally given the wrong due date (or there was some sort of miscommunication), so he's only just sent us the pencil sketch in the last 24 hours, which we've approved, but we won't have the final colored pieces until later this week.

So, that being the case, it'll be out next week. I swear. Or I will kill someone.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 pm

JonL wrote:So, that being the case, it'll be out next week. I swear. Or I will kill someone.

I don't think the death penalty is warranted... Maybe maiming, but not death... :mrgreen:

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Mr Mole wrote:
JonL wrote:So, that being the case, it'll be out next week. I swear. Or I will kill someone.

I don't think the death penalty is warranted... Maybe maiming, but not death... :mrgreen:

Hey, at this point even I feel like a little death is warranted.

We'll be up and running soon!
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
That's all I got.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:15 pm

JonL wrote:
Mr Mole wrote:

Hey, at this point even I feel like a little death is warranted.

We'll be up and running soon!

Problem with that is that once we start killing writers or artists things slow down even more.... I say we start removing fingers from whatever hand is not there dominate hand... 1 per day its late.... See, you can't just torture people without giving them an incentive: its management 2.0 Jon, you got to offer the carrot & the stick. :lol:
-Isaac Asimov

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 pm

I think maybe a good, old fashioned flogging would probably do the trick. Why reinvent the wheel when you have a tried and true method that's been around for thousands of years? :roll:

Return to “General M&M”