Fun/Stupid Powers You've Built

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Fun/Stupid Powers You've Built

Post by cochramd »

I'm currently tinkering with a rock star with a magic guitar that gives him sonic superpowers. You can bet that I'll be using the Check Required (Expertise: Rock Star) in his device

Also, not something I made, but back in 2e I made a Juggernaut expy (100% toughness shifted, all impervious, high fortitude, helmet that protects against mental effects). My GM determined that the most efficient way to defeat my build was to weaponize time travel.

hypervirtue
Zealot
Zealot

Post by hypervirtue »

cochramd wrote:I'm currently tinkering with a rock star with a magic guitar that gives him sonic superpowers. You can bet that I'll be using the Check Required (Expertise: Rock Star) in his device

Also, not something I made, but back in 2e I made a Juggernaut expy (100% toughness shifted, all impervious, high fortitude, helmet that protects against mental effects). My GM determined that the most efficient way to defeat my build was to weaponize time travel.
Wonder why he never simply went with a big strong bruiser, and a mentalist... Use the bruiser to shatter your helmet then mind dominate you. That is how the Juggernaut is dealt with usually.
One can lift a rock with pure power, but a pure heart can move mountains.

cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Post by cochramd »

Well he could have, but as I recall the gun targeted my abysmally poor reflex save and was quicker than any other alternatives. Well, I shouldn't say that. He could just as easily have weaponized dimension travel.

rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

Post by rlwr »

or teleport or flight or shrink or nullify

cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Post by cochramd »

Maybe, but point for point none of those compare to weaponized time travel or dimension travel.

ursinethemadbear
Zealot
Zealot

Post by ursinethemadbear »

This one comes from a story I read:

Transformable Nano-Modular Armor:
A suit of nanite armor that can be reconfigured by the wearer through a mental link, but must be reassembled mentally piece by piece.

Variable 4, Check Required [Expertise-Tetris]
Life is what happens while I am busy gaming.
I use DCA, unless I state otherwise, all my posts are for DCA. I assume that 3ed is the same, but might be wrong in specific areas.

reb8er
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by reb8er »

I Know a Shortcut
Teleport (Portal, Insidious, Subtle 2,Extended: Extended only, Medium Alleyways)

I got this for my Iron Fist/Nightwing Character. Just love how a villain can follow him down an alley and somehow end up in front of a police station across town

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Post by betterwatchit »

Now that's a good use of Subtle and Insidious.