Would this power be legal?

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Would this power be legal?

Postby Nillaman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Heck, I was thinking of making my own thread for this, but this seems like a good spot.

The idea is to create a Feature which allows my character to stack Attack Effects granted by weapons. Dual wielding swords, pistols, machine guns, chainsaws becomes a viable tactic in that case. Primarily it's intended to bypass the limits of Equipment stacking through a Rule of Cool. But I wanted to know if that seems legal to folks.

And to know if such an Effect would require one, two, or three Ranks of the Feature Effect.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:44 pm

The Talent Profile suggested adding extras to an extant power by buying the extra and then adding a Variable Descriptor, 1 pp for a narrow range (only applies to swords) or 2 pp for a broader one (all weapons). But you want to stack the equipment itself, right? Easiest way to do it? Buy the two pistols as one piece of equipment and then buy Split Attack. Optionally, pay a pp to have a Feature on that pair of weapons saying that you only lose half of your efficacy with each disarm.

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 pm

I looked over the limits of Equipment again. They're really the only kind of powers which would benefit from this kind of feat. And it'd end up overcoming that innate penalty a lot more cheaply than if I just purchased the powers wholesale.

Which made this feel a little too twink for my purposes.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:48 am

Whether you buy 2 guns with a feature: Heavy Pistols: ranged damage 4 x2, feature: can be used together, 17ep or or 1 big gun with split: Heavy Pistols: ranged damage 8, split, 17 eps the cost is the same. At that point it's just a question of descriptor and the player and gm being on the same page.

Return to “General M&M”