Too cheap?

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
PureMalice
Bystander
Bystander

Too cheap?

Postby PureMalice » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:47 pm

So, as a GM I like to build my NPCs as actual character sheets, so if the players see a villain do something they like, they can work up to something similar. However, I'm not too sure on one of the things I gave to a incorporeal character...

Reflections of My Life: Affects Corporeal 12, Variable Descriptor 2 (any attack effect wielded, up to the effects rank) • 14 points

Would you allow this on a player's sheet if you were running?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Too cheap?

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 pm

Personally, I just don't think that's the rules legal way for what you're going for.

Official builds confirm this with a similar idea. Captain Boomerang 2 has an effect to provide the Muliattack Extra to any of his ranged attacks, bought as a Variable effect.

So you'd need three ranks of Variable for this effect, but since its limited, it wouldn't cost that much more really.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Too cheap?

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:11 pm

The Talents Power Profile built several powers this way. And honestly, if the attacks you're supplementing are in an array, this is actually a more expensive way of adding to them. Even Variable Descriptor 2, I'd require some definition of what range of effects it works on, based on the descriptor of the attacks.

Return to “General M&M”