immunity bruise?

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

immunity bruise?

Postby rlwr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 am

how much would this cost? my thought is it is somewhere in between full toughness immunity and the limited to half effect version

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Re: immunity bruise?

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:54 am

That seems a little too meta-game from my perspective. Can you explain the in-world application and justification for something that seems otherwise a mechanics only power?
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

Postby rlwr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:00 pm

the character doesn't bruise or their blood clots instantly or doesn't have blood at all? idk you can be immune to virtually any other conditions why would bruised somehow not allow for immunity? also aren't all powers mechanics technically with flavor just added on top?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 pm

{nods} From a mechanics perspective, not getting "bruises" means that your character can't get worn down. One could even argue for it being equivalent to about five ranks of protection (that bypass PL) limited to attacks that would cause a Bruised condition. 2E Mecha and Manga had a feat that let one use a Hero Point to do this for a single round. Doing it all of the time... well, that's a bit tricky. I think that, on a conditional basis, I'd probably allow it as a Limited for of immunity to a given type of damage. So, for it to work against all damage, that's 40 pp, cheaper if it's only against certain sorts of damage.

rlwr
Hireling
Hireling

Postby rlwr » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 pm

that feels about right it would be powerful so 40 is a good price for it I think... was kinda thinking a super hero version of rocky balboa doesn't regen or anything like that and def is actually hurt able but until you actually put him down he just keeps going.

Atmo
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Atmo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:47 am

This could be more interpretation than rules.

Fists of Dorn
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Fists of Dorn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:41 pm

rlwr wrote:that feels about right it would be powerful so 40 is a good price for it I think... was kinda thinking a super hero version of rocky balboa doesn't regen or anything like that and def is actually hurt able but until you actually put him down he just keeps going.

A cheaper alternative would be ten ranks of Regeneration with a few ranks of the Quirk flat flaw; word the Quirk so that it doesn't begin working until after the hero has suffered three bruises and it cannot recover those three initial bruises.

-Fists.

Return to “General M&M”