Emerald City Is Here!

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Emerald City Is Here!

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:09 am

JonL wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:so, should diamond distributors have their copies of emerald city? I'd like to know because if they do, I might be finally able to order my copy through my FLGS

They should receive them this week, I believe.

yeah, well, I checked with my FLGS, and they say that diamond's still listing the book as cancelled
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

JonL
M&M Developer
M&M Developer

Postby JonL » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:45 am

Kreuzritter wrote:
JonL wrote:
Kreuzritter wrote:so, should diamond distributors have their copies of emerald city? I'd like to know because if they do, I might be finally able to order my copy through my FLGS

They should receive them this week, I believe.

yeah, well, I checked with my FLGS, and they say that diamond's still listing the book as cancelled

All I can say is to keep checking with them. I have no visibility into Diamond's operating procedure (I worked there more than a decade ago), but I know they can be a bit inflexible, to it may take them time to catch up. If your game store deals with Alliance, ACD, or PSI, they may have better luck with them. Sorry it's been a pain for you.
Best regards,

Jon Leitheusser
M&M Line Developer
DC Adventures Line Developer
That's all I got.

drkrash
Groupie
Groupie

Postby drkrash » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:20 am

Is the book physically out there? This website says March 3; Amazon says March 12. I ordered it on Amazon and it's still not available, and I can't tell whether or not it's available here. Just trying to get an idea about timing.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:32 am

drkrash wrote:Is the book physically out there? This website says March 3; Amazon says March 12. I ordered it on Amazon and it's still not available, and I can't tell whether or not it's available here. Just trying to get an idea about timing.

I got mine from my flgs about 2 weeks ago, so they're physically out there. Amazon is always weeks behind everyone else. I see posts like yours every time a new book comes out and Amazon doesn't have it yet. Slow uptake is the price you pay for the big discount. If you check other online retailers, like frp games you'll see they've had them in stock for some time.

drkrash
Groupie
Groupie

Postby drkrash » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:32 am

Monolith wrote:
drkrash wrote:Is the book physically out there? This website says March 3; Amazon says March 12. I ordered it on Amazon and it's still not available, and I can't tell whether or not it's available here. Just trying to get an idea about timing.

I got mine from my flgs about 2 weeks ago, so they're physically out there. Amazon is always weeks behind everyone else. I see posts like yours every time a new book comes out and Amazon doesn't have it yet. Slow uptake is the price you pay for the big discount. If you check other online retailers, like frp games you'll see they've had them in stock for some time.

Thanks for the info. It's a bummer because I wanted to bring it on a trip on going on, but I have to admit that the more than 50% discount was way too good to pass up.

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

So wow, that map is ridiculously detailed, huh?
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

Ramsey
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ramsey » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 am

Okay, I've got a bit of a complaint.

While I'm very pleased with the actual book itself, the way in which they are packed is an absolute disaster.
I'm not sure if anyone else is bothered by this, but to me it seems like the company that ships them use packing peanuts of a very bad quality.
These things leave foam dust everywhere, including in the book itself. I think I had to spend half an hour cleaning it, because it had even gotten between the pages.
This has happened to me before when I ordered the Supernatural Handbook and if the shipping firm isn't going to change to a better quality of packing peanuts, I think I'm going to stop ordering the books from Green Ronin directly.

I'm sorry, but this really bothers me. They just create too much of a mess to clean up.

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Ramsey, I've passed your comments on to our fulfillment partners.
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Ramsey (and others concerned about packing peanuts):

I just heard back from the fulfillment guys and it seems that you must have been one of the last orders to be filled with peanuts. They've just recently done away with peanuts and have moved to air-pillows for their packaging.

I told them our mail order customers would be happy to hear this news. :D
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

Ramsey
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ramsey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:33 am

That's very good news.
I'm glad to see you guys take customer complaints very seriously.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 am

And I FINALLY got my copy, perhaps the ONLY copy that was for sale in all of Ontario, given how fruitless my searching for it has been
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Nillaman
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Nillaman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Air pillows are decidedly easier to clean up, I've found.
Roster: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47345

Zork is the best onomatopoeia in the world.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Nillaman wrote:Air pillows are decidedly easier to clean up, I've found.

An believe it or not, more environmentally friendly
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “General M&M”