Hardcopy 10th Anniversary Deluxe Hero's Handbook questions..

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Hardcopy 10th Anniversary Deluxe Hero's Handbook questions..

Postby Wyld0007 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

just got my hardcopy of the 10th anniversary Deluxe handbook and Power profiles today, nice pair of books.

but my copy of the deluxe handbook is missing the mutants and masterminds essays and classic character sheets. where those intended only for the pdf? or did i not get a 10th anniversary edition version of the deluxe handbook like i ordered?

edit: didn't get the prints that came with my reward level either but i'll deal with that later. thanks for any responses folks

kmwmj
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Hardcopy 10th Anniversary Deluxe Hero's Handbook questio

Postby kmwmj » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 am

I believe that an email was sent informing us that they were going to send the bonus items later due to production delay

Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Sketchpad » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

Mine came in today and I have all of that. You sure you didn't order the Deluxe book rather than the 10th anniversary one? Far as I know, the 10th anniversary book was only available through Kickstarter.

Monolith
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Monolith » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:13 am

Sketchpad wrote:Mine came in today and I have all of that. You sure you didn't order the Deluxe book rather than the 10th anniversary one? Far as I know, the 10th anniversary book was only available through Kickstarter.

Basically this. If you bought the book from the M&M Store then you got the deluxe edition. If you bought it from Kickstarter then you got the anniversary edition.

kmwmj
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kmwmj » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am

As per the email sent by Chris Pramas sent on Sept 12

Hi all,

I am off to have spinal surgery in 6 hours (you can read more about that here if you like), but I wanted to update you before I went under the knife.

I had hoped we could ship all the rewards in one go, but it's taking longer than expected to get the book plates and prints finished and to the warehouse. I've thus decided to start shipping the books separately and we'll eat the cost of sending along the other stuff when it's finished in a few weeks.

I've got Sparky prepping the updated shipping list (there were a bunch of address changes to process), so I expect the warehouse won't actually start shipping until next week. Sorry for the delays. You should have books soon!

Thanks,

Chris Pramas

Green Ronin

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:54 am

Sketchpad wrote:Mine came in today and I have all of that. You sure you didn't order the Deluxe book rather than the 10th anniversary one? Far as I know, the 10th anniversary book was only available through Kickstarter.

interesting. i funded the kickstarter. i funded it for a hundred bucks. i guess i'll have to send an email to someone to get this taken care of.

thanks for the info.

kmwmj wrote:As per the email sent by Chris Pramas sent on Sept 12

ok. thanks for the reminder. i vaguely remember this update. and that's ok, i can patiently wait for the prints.

nosdaddy
Groupie
Groupie

Postby nosdaddy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Wyld0007 wrote:just got my hardcopy of the 10th anniversary Deluxe handbook and Power profiles today, nice pair of books.

but my copy of the deluxe handbook is missing the mutants and masterminds essays and classic character sheets. where those intended only for the pdf? or did i not get a 10th anniversary edition version of the deluxe handbook like i ordered?

edit: didn't get the prints that came with my reward level either but i'll deal with that later. thanks for any responses folks

What is on the cover of your book?
I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm a bird plane!

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:27 am

nosdaddy wrote:
Wyld0007 wrote:just got my hardcopy of the 10th anniversary Deluxe handbook and Power profiles today, nice pair of books.

What is on the cover of your book?

the cover? - it's similar to the original handbook, but says 'deluxe hero's handbook' underneath main title of Mutants & Masterminds. the right hand corner code is GRR5510.

back cover has a $39.95 price tag and there is no 10th anniversary markings any where as there are in the pdfs that i received during the kickstarter previews or the finale pdf release and is missing the final 50 or so pages of essays and classic m&m characters write-ups that were supposed to be included in the 10th anniversary edition.

i know that Mr. Pramas is the man to talk to about any issues with the kickstarter project, but i'm definitely not going to disturb him with his current health issues. and i'm not sure who has been doing it in his stead, so i've sent an email to Nicole, but i'm not sure of how much involvement she has with the 10th anniversary handbook stuff. i'll sit back for a bit and wait and hopefully she'll get back to me. or if anyone knows who i SHOULD be contacting, please educate me and i'd appreciate it.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 am

So what you are describing is the Deluxe Handbook and not the 10th Anniversary book. Only the latter has the extra stuff in it.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm

Got my book on Monday! It is great. Looks amazing.

Great work Green Ronin team!
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Got mine today, love having a hardcopy of the main rules book, with a nice slip cover and built-in cloth bookmark as well. :D

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Psistrike wrote:Got mine today, love having a hardcopy of the main rules book, with a nice slip cover and built-in cloth bookmark as well. :D

yep - no slip cover. no cloth bookmark....... definitely not the anniversary book :cry: :shock:

gonna have to get that taken care of :oops:

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Mine came in the mail today. Very happy with it.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 pm

good news. Nicole got back to me and said she'll sort the problem out for me. so a very public thank-you to Nicole :!:

and thanks to everyone that responded to the original post to help me clarify that i did indeed NOT get a 10th anniversary edition book.

thought something was fishy, but just wanted some verification from you guys :mrgreen:

thanks again to everyone.

Nicole especially!

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 pm

What exactly is in the deluxe edition? It is hard cover, check, is it otherwise just like the softcover version?

Return to “General M&M”