Green Ronin Online Store FAQ

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.
SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Green Ronin Online Store FAQ

Postby SassyRonin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:17 pm

We've had some questions--frequent ones--pop up about PDFs people have purchased in our Green Ronin Online Store. We like for questions to have answers, so we've posted an FAQ document in our store.

If you have questions about PDFs and our store that you don't see answered in the FAQ, please email them to pdfsupport at greenronin dot com, or go ahead and post them in this thread if you prefer.

Some quick pointers: Please always use an actual email address when buying a PDF from us or corresponding with us about orders, add greenronin.com to your spam filter's "white list," keep the email messages we send you with download information, and print out your receipt so that you have the order number in case of electronic catastrophe.

Dayspire
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Dayspire » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:58 am

Didn't see this on the FAQ, so here goes.

How can I be sure what in your store is 2nd edition, and what is 1st edition? Any help? I'd love to buy some of the archetype pdf's, but only if they're 2nd edition.

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:04 pm

Dayspire wrote:Didn't see this on the FAQ, so here goes.

How can I be sure what in your store is 2nd edition, and what is 1st edition? Any help? I'd love to buy some of the archetype pdf's, but only if they're 2nd edition.

All the PDFs produced for M&M by Ronin Arts are 2nd Edition products. I hope to very soon get little 1e / 2e designators on the M&M products.

Chris F
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby Chris F » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:32 pm

Does the Green Ronin Store still require a Paypal account?
The cake is a lie!

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Chris F wrote:Does the Green Ronin Store still require a Paypal account?

Nope. We accept major credit cards or PayPal, with a regular ol' shopping cart and everything.

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Stormknight wrote:I used reply on my order confirmation, which was to custserv@greenronin.com I think. When I did that for 5 days and no response, I started using the feedback form at greenronin.com and have done so about 4 times no, and no response there either. Next step is trying through forum PM, which I will do today. I'm not trying to spam, but lately I've increased my rate to a message per day since I can't understand why they won't answer, and frankly, I'm getting a bit annoyed. My previous contacts with greenronin has always been smooth though.

We have had a HUGE increase in the amount of spam we get and have had to bump up the spam filtering on our e-mail addresses. If you're ever in a situation where you are emailing every day and no one is getting back to you (as an example) you are probably running afoul of our spam filters! For whatever reason, some legitimate e-mail gets blocked but we just can't dial back the spam protection any more than we have. As it is I have a spam folder with over twelve thousand e-mails that were delivered and marked as spam (and that doesn't count the ones blocked at the server level that aren't even delivered at all). I periodically go through by hand and scan for any e-mail that is obviously not spam but that's not something I have the time to do very frequently.

It's ALWAYS ok to PM through the message boards for issues like this. In fact, I encourage PMing about it before posting about it, because there's no guarantee I'm going to see your comment on the boards in a timely manner but I'm alerted to PMs directly.
Last edited by Nikchick on Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:41 am

The feedback form sends mail "as" the email address entered into the form field, so if a spam filter has already decided that the address is suspect for whatever reason, it will treat it the same as if you hadn't used the form. Something to have my army of code-writing simians look into.

Stormknight wrote:I was afraid a spam filter had something to do with it, which is why I started to use the greenronin feedback form. But that didn't work either.

Anyways, I have sent you a PM now.

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Sidious wrote:I ordered Ultimate power back in october, was charged for it and havent recieved it yet. is it back ordered? or did it get lost? basically i want to know when i will get my product or when i will get my money back for not getting it.

FYI for anyone who has a problem with an order, posting a generic message to the ATT is not the most effective way to sort it out. There's just no guarantee that I'm going to see your comment on the boards. I happened to see this one, but a far FAR more effective way to solve a problem (especially if you suspect you've fallen afoul of GR's spam filters as some people have) is to PM me directly.

Also, if you have a problem, you will need to supply more information, such as your actual name, the e-mail associated with your order, the date of your order and the order number. Without these details it's impossible to even begin sorting out the problem.

Thanks,
Nicole
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:07 am

In an effort to keep this thread on topic and helpful, I have cleaned up this thread and removed all the individual references to particular orders/follow-ups/reports of problems being solved. Many of those posts went back almost three years.

In about a week or so I will have some additional information on changes to the Green Ronin Online Store and new communication options that (we hope!) should solve some of the problems people were seeing toward the end of 2007.

Officially, we're still closed until the end of the week but I'm in the background working on some issues anyway.
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

K.G. Carlson
Zealot
Zealot

Postby K.G. Carlson » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:58 pm

PMing Nikchick should be your next step. Sometimes, the email spam filters keep your message from getting through.
"More powerful than a locomotive...and about as subtle!"
--Joker

Say goodbye to gravity, say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
-The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

jkoti1013
Bystander
Bystander

Postby jkoti1013 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Problem has been fixed. I actually thought I already posted this, but I guess not.

Great job (as usual) from the gang at GR.

Thanks again.

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Re: Green Ronin Online Store FAQ

Postby kirinke » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Do you guys have the third edition out yet? I've been trying to search for it, but haven't gotten any hits that I trust. Most results are like for 'free' torrents, which I assume are scam/virus filled sites and other piles of yuck. That or the hits are for second edition. And I have tried searching green ronnin and amazon both, but haven't found anything there either. :cry:

Help?

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:02 pm

We've been previewing it and the PDF is scheduled to be out soon, after Christmas. The print books won't be available for a while longer.

Nicole
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

kirinke
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion
Location: Behind the mayo, to the left of the cheese, next to the mystery meat leftover from last week

Postby kirinke » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Nice! Be sure to give us a heads up (with a safe link) in order to buy it! 8) :mrgreen:

technoshaman
Cohort
Cohort

Postby technoshaman » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:08 am

I do not see the FAQ in the link. Where is it?

Return to “General M&M”