Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Move Object to Escape?

This is the catch-all forum, for Mutants & Masterminds threads that you're not quite sure where to put.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Move Object to Escape?

Postby Witchslasher » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 am

Move Object can be used for grabs, but what about escapes? Strictly by the book, I don't think it's a go, but how much of a stretch would this be as a house rule.. Pretty much allowing escape to be "Athletics, Acrobatics, or Move Object." I think it makes sense, using Telekinesis to pry the arms away from you..
Witchslasher
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Move Object to Escape?

Postby grod_the_giant » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

I can see it. Maybe a power stunt?
grod_the_giant
Hireling
Hireling

Postby JDRook » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 am

I agree it makes sense, but it doesn't really fit genre. Most telekinetics tend to be psionics or mages, who are generally a lot squishier and less competent at close range. Putting a grab on them could be considered similar to the Damsel Incapacitation Attack*, which actually makes sense for PCs who need to gesture to make their powers work. Making MO Escape an optional House Rule could work though, especially since that could also allow a Power Loss Complication vs Grabs if you wanted to use that genre convention in your game.

EDIT - on the other hand, your avatar is a GL and using Lantern power to escape Lantern grabs makes perfect sense.

*Warning! Tropes Trap!
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Brianide » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 pm

JDRook wrote:*Warning! Tropes Trap!

Thanks for burning most of my afternoon. At least I didn't have anything more important to do.
P.S. I am not kidding. Hours have passed.
Check out my builds and my campaign!
Brianide
Firebrand
Firebrand

Return to General M&M